KCC is a UK based Engineering Research and Development Consultancy, providing services in the following areas :
- Robotics: Within the Robotics Industry, KCC is involved in automating robotic movement through development of interactive decision-based computer systems and subsystems
- NDT: Within the NDT field, KCC is involved in the development of man-machine interfaces, defect visualisation systems, systems integration and software used for field testing of pipes and tanks. KCC also provide customised software solutions for NDT hardware companies for integrating sensors and systems to other mechanical scanners
- Public Health Sector: Within the NHS field, KCC have provided many services and developed several systems for a variety of PCTs
- SafeHands: A Case Management System for synchronisation between central management systems and Healthcare Professional mobile unitsEuropean Commission funded projects
Mr Aasim Khalid
Koç University Social Policy Center
Koç University Social Policy Center (KÜ-SPM) was established in April 2010. We began our journey with the aims of developing research and applied research projects on social policy and increasing public awareness on social policy issues in Turkey.
In Turkey the field of social policies is a vast arena where citizens frequently interact with state institutions, where service exchanges and the practical use of social rights occur. Yet it is also a space in which hierarchies, contention, unmet demands and inequalities reside. In KÜ-SPM, our purpose is to increase our accumulation of scientific knowledge and experience through field research, scientific meetings, cooperative implementation projects with stakeholders and through policy analyses. We aim to strengthen the channels of communication on social policy issues between official institutions and policy-makers; advocacy, expert and other NGOs; service-receiving citizens and the academia. As social scientists interested in this field of inquiry, we value social policy-making based on scientific evidence and on the analysis of that evidence.
We can summarize what sort of research has so far been completed within our center with reference to the research topics of scholars in our executive and advisory boards:
- Types of employment, livelihood strategies, ways of dealing with economic crises in Turkey;
- Citizenship capacities in terms of distribution of income and habits of tax-paying;
- Gender inequalities, gender studies, participation of women in employment and other spheres of life;
- Youth studies, education-employment transition in young people;
- Factors influencing school access, attendance and success of children in basic education and secondary education;
- Studies on the development of pre-school children;
- Socio-economic exclusion;
- Health reform, social security reform, social services and social assistance services;
- Rights of people with disabilities and their social inclusion;
- Urban sociology and urban transformation;
- Irregular migration, refugees, internal displacement;
- Communication, media technologies, social policy studies on the protection of intellectual property rights and of privacy rights.
Our research center is always open to collaborations of knowledge production and implementation with social policy-making and policy-implementing governmental bodies, other universities, municipalities, NGOs working on social policy-related issues, EU and UN institutions and other stakeholders.
Within KÜ-SPM, located in Koç University’s Rumelifeneri Campus, there are 7 social scientists (Executive Board) and 2 researchers employed as administrative staff.
KORA- Center for Black Sea and Central Asia
KORA (Center for Black Sea and Central Asia) was established in 1992 at the Middle East Technical University in Ankara. KORA is a regional research center with an emphasis on the Black Sea and Central Asian states. Since its establishment, KORA has accumulated experience in the development of research projects, organization of workshops and conferences on its region of concern.
The Center is the first Turkish coordinator of FP project in social sciences and has participated several other FP projects on European neighborhood, border security, global migration, religious-based organizations, etc.
The Center is keen on being a partner in a consortium for the call SSH.2013.5.1-2 Addressing demand in anti-trafficking efforts and policies. Our Center has conducted various international projects on human trafficking (supported UNDP, ILO, etc.), which constitutes an important problem for Turkey as a transit country.
Ms Gokten DogangunResearch Assistant
Kozminski University, located in Warsaw, Poland, founded in 1993, is a private institution of higher education with full academic rights. Kozminski University is classified in the prestigious educational rankings provided by the ‘Financial Times’ – Business School rankings, which include the best universities from around the world. Kozminski University holds three international accreditations: EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB.The University holds the rights to award doctoral degrees in three disciplines: management, economics and law. Morover, it has the power to authorize a higher Ph.D. degree (habilitation degree) in the discipline of management and economics.
Professor Anna Olejniczuk-Mertaprofesor
Kozminski University, located in Warsaw, Poland, founded in 1993, is a private institution of higher education with full academic rights.
Kozminski University is classified in the prestigious educational rankings provided by the ‘Financial Times’ – Business School rankings, which include the best universities from around the world. Kozminski University holds three international accreditations: EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB.
The University holds the rights to award doctoral degrees in three disciplines: management, economics and law. Morover, it has the power to authorize a higher Ph.D. degree (habilitation degree) in the discipline of management and economics.