KORA- Center for Black Sea and Central Asia
KORA (Center for Black Sea and Central Asia) was established in 1992 at the Middle East Technical University in Ankara. KORA is a regional research center with an emphasis on the Black Sea and Central Asian states. Since its establishment, KORA has accumulated experience in the development of research projects, organization of workshops and conferences on its region of concern.
The Center is the first Turkish coordinator of FP project in social sciences and has participated several other FP projects on European neighborhood, border security, global migration, religious-based organizations, etc.
The Center is keen on being a partner in a consortium for the call SSH.2013.5.1-2 Addressing demand in anti-trafficking efforts and policies. Our Center has conducted various international projects on human trafficking (supported UNDP, ILO, etc.), which constitutes an important problem for Turkey as a transit country.
Ms Gokten DogangunResearch Assistant
Kozminski University, located in Warsaw, Poland, founded in 1993, is a private institution of higher education with full academic rights. Kozminski University is classified in the prestigious educational rankings provided by the ‘Financial Times’ – Business School rankings, which include the best universities from around the world. Kozminski University holds three international accreditations: EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB.The University holds the rights to award doctoral degrees in three disciplines: management, economics and law. Morover, it has the power to authorize a higher Ph.D. degree (habilitation degree) in the discipline of management and economics.
Professor Anna Olejniczuk-Mertaprofesor
Kozminski University, located in Warsaw, Poland, founded in 1993, is a private institution of higher education with full academic rights.
Kozminski University is classified in the prestigious educational rankings provided by the ‘Financial Times’ – Business School rankings, which include the best universities from around the world. Kozminski University holds three international accreditations: EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB.
The University holds the rights to award doctoral degrees in three disciplines: management, economics and law. Morover, it has the power to authorize a higher Ph.D. degree (habilitation degree) in the discipline of management and economics.
Dr Grzegorz Mazurekdr
Liverpool Logistics Offshore and Marine Research Institute (LOOM)
The LOOM Research Institute within Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) has 12 academic staff and 25 researchers. LOOM has developed a strong reputation for its safety, security, simulation and optimisation research of maritime system design and operation.
LOOM has completed a number of research projects supported by the UK research councils (eg. EPSRC), HSE, EU and industry. It is equipped with the UK’s only 360 degree ship simulator and a wide range of risk modelling and decision making software. For the last ten years, the Institute has received the funding of multi-million pounds to conduct its high-level research and consequently, over 100 technical papers in relevant areas have been produced. The research applications have also been facilitated by the collaboration between LOOM and many industrial and regulatory organisations including Shell and UK HSE. The institute is the coordinator of one EU Marie Curie project, the workpackage leaders of two ongoing EU projects, and grant holders of many other UK research council projects.
We are interested in collaborations with research partners in the following areas: (a) security in logistics and supply chains; (b) anti-piracy; (c) optimisation and simulation for restoring security and safety in case of crisis; (d) using virtual reality/gaming/3D simulation technologies for the development of decision support tools for Health services and (e) Improving security systems integration, interconnectivity and interoperability.
LOOM can contribute to the following:
· First main topic: Topic SEC-2013.2.4-1 Phase II demonstration programme on logistics and supply chain security.
· Second main topic: Topic SEC-2013.2.4-2 Non-military protection measures for merchant shipping against piracy – Capability Project or Coordination and Support Action (Coordinating Action).
· Third main topic: SEC-2013.4.1-3 Development of simulation models and tools for optimising the pre-deployment and deployment of resources and the supply chain in external emergency situations
· Fourth main topic: SEC-2013.4.1-4 2013.4.1-4 - Development of decision support tools for improving preparedness and response of Health Services involved in emergency situations.
· Workpackage leader/partner. We can write up a WP if assigned by the consortium leader. We can also contribute to project management.
· Contact point to UK maritime sector. Can also introduce partners (industry or academia) from UK and the Far East to the consortium should it be needed.
· Can also get access to a database of emergency situations occurred in non-EU regions, based on marine accidents reported by the IMO and Lloyds Registry, etc
French and English very good and fluent
EILTS degree 8.00.
TOEFL IBT 120
- M.D. 1988
- Medical practitioner in Sarıyer Community Medical center 1988-1989
- Degree medical specialization (Family Medicine). (Resident) MoH Haydarpaşa Numune Training and Research Hospital. 1990- 1994.
- Family Physician and teacher of the family planning department in MoH Zeynep Kamil Training and Research Hospital. 1994-1997
- Family Physician and Family Practice Residency Program Vice-Coordinator of MoH Haydarpaşa Numune Training and Research Hospital.
- Assistant Professor Dr. (Family Medicine) Marmara University Health Education faculty 1999-2007
- Associate Professor Dr. (Family Medicine) Marmara University Faculty of Health Sciences 2007-current
- Bachelor degree from Anadolu University Faculty of Economics. 2007.
- Master Degree: Marmara University, Health Administration Msc 2002-2005
Doctoral degree: Marmara University, Hospital Administration Phd.2006-2010.
Career Goals and Professional Interests
Quantitative Methods in Health Care Management, Cost Utility And Minimization Calculation in Chronic Diseases. Health Economics, Qaly And Cost Benefit Calculation in Health Care Delivery, Biostatistics, Hospital Management, Health And Primary Care Administration. Primary Care Health Mangement, Health Economy, Population Health Problems In Turkey And Biostatistic Analyses. Measure Of Quality Outcomes, Identification Of Cost Effeciencies, Health System Regulation, Planning Preventive Measures In Primary Care, Payment And Innovation And Organisational Change In Family Practice, Economic And Social Determinants Of Health And Quality Of Life, Productivity In Health