French and English very good and fluent
EILTS degree 8.00.
TOEFL IBT 120
- M.D. 1988
- Medical practitioner in Sarıyer Community Medical center 1988-1989
- Degree medical specialization (Family Medicine). (Resident) MoH Haydarpaşa Numune Training and Research Hospital. 1990- 1994.
- Family Physician and teacher of the family planning department in MoH Zeynep Kamil Training and Research Hospital. 1994-1997
- Family Physician and Family Practice Residency Program Vice-Coordinator of MoH Haydarpaşa Numune Training and Research Hospital.
- Assistant Professor Dr. (Family Medicine) Marmara University Health Education faculty 1999-2007
- Associate Professor Dr. (Family Medicine) Marmara University Faculty of Health Sciences 2007-current
- Bachelor degree from Anadolu University Faculty of Economics. 2007.
- Master Degree: Marmara University, Health Administration Msc 2002-2005
Doctoral degree: Marmara University, Hospital Administration Phd.2006-2010.
Career Goals and Professional Interests
Quantitative Methods in Health Care Management, Cost Utility And Minimization Calculation in Chronic Diseases. Health Economics, Qaly And Cost Benefit Calculation in Health Care Delivery, Biostatistics, Hospital Management, Health And Primary Care Administration. Primary Care Health Mangement, Health Economy, Population Health Problems In Turkey And Biostatistic Analyses. Measure Of Quality Outcomes, Identification Of Cost Effeciencies, Health System Regulation, Planning Preventive Measures In Primary Care, Payment And Innovation And Organisational Change In Family Practice, Economic And Social Determinants Of Health And Quality Of Life, Productivity In Health
Professor Aysegul KaptanogluAssoc. Prof.
Mr Bernard E. Mallia
Bernard Mallia is a researcher based in Malta.
He is the CEO and Director of Equinox Advisory, an independent, non-partisan private sector consultancy firm and the President of the Institute for Research and Improvement in Social Sciences (IRISS), a non-government think tank based in Malta. He is also the Vice-President of the Mediterranean Institute for Innovation, Communications and Technology (MIICT), another Malta-based research institute.
Bernard Mallia is also a visiting lecturer at the University of Malta and at the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Municipality of Cesena
Cesena is situated in Northern Italy within Emilia-Romagna Region, some 15km from the Adriatic coast. Together with Forlì it is the capital of the Forlì-Cesena district. The district has about 378,000 inhabitants in 30 municipalities. Cesena itself has a population of about 96,000.
A strategy for local sustainability is included in Cesena city council’s political programme for 2009-2014 (the Piano di mandato). The title of this strategy is ‘Sustainability as the lighthouse for every local policy’. It was adopted at a city council meeting in June 2009. This strategy re-establishes the objectives set out in the Local Action Plan designed during the Cesena Agenda 21 Forums in 2003.
Cesena objective for energy planning is:
Objective 20-20-20 : -20% gas carbon emissions, +20% use of renewable energy & 20% energy saving (EU Directive 20 20 20)
- Establishing a society for renewable energies owned by the city council
- Preparing and adopting an Energy Action Plan for the development of renewable energy sources
- Zero impact public administration: the Municipality runs environmental best practices
The council has not yet adopted a specific local strategy or action plan for sustainable energy. However, since becoming a signatory to the Covenant of Mayors in November 2009 the city council has made a commitment to achieve a larger reduction in CO2 emissions than the EU target of 20%, though no specific target figure has yet been established. To achieve this and meet obligations under the Covenant, the city is designing a Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP).
Cesena municipality is thus
aiming to participate in projects focused on:
- energy efficiency in public buildings (in particular planning actions to improve their operational efficiency through low-or-no-cost measures, effective commissioning or better operation and maintenance);
- renewable electricity generation;
- renewables for heating and cooling
- smart energy networks.