Izmir University (IZU) was established by Doğanata Education and Culture Foundation in 2007 as the third foundation university in Izmir. IZU currently offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the following academic units:
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
- English Language Teaching
- Mathematics and Computer Sciences
FACULTY OF LAW
FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND ADMINISTRATIVE SCIENCES (Medium of instruction is English)
- Business Administration
- International Relations
- International Trade and Finance
- Political Science and Public Administration
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING (Medium of instruction is English)
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Software Engineering
FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE (Medium of instruction is English)
- Interior Architecture and Environmental Design
FACULTY OF MEDICINE
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND SCIENCE
- Computer Engineering (MSc, PhD)
- Mathematics and Computer Sciences
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Law and Economics
- Business Administration (MBA)
Internationalization is part of IZU’s founding strategy and great importance is attached to the promotion of the Erasmus Program, implementation of Bologna Process and enhancement of European Education and Research Areas. The International Relations Office (IRO) has been established in 2009 to coordinate internalization efforts. IZU received its Erasmus Charter in 2010. Since then, our international network and partnerships have grown quite rapidly reaching 33 cooperation protocols with agreements for student/staff mobility.
Professor Emrah Orhun
KCC is a UK based Engineering Research and Development Consultancy, providing services in the following areas :
- Robotics: Within the Robotics Industry, KCC is involved in automating robotic movement through development of interactive decision-based computer systems and subsystems
- NDT: Within the NDT field, KCC is involved in the development of man-machine interfaces, defect visualisation systems, systems integration and software used for field testing of pipes and tanks. KCC also provide customised software solutions for NDT hardware companies for integrating sensors and systems to other mechanical scanners
- Public Health Sector: Within the NHS field, KCC have provided many services and developed several systems for a variety of PCTs
- SafeHands: A Case Management System for synchronisation between central management systems and Healthcare Professional mobile unitsEuropean Commission funded projects
Mr Aasim Khalid
Kozminski University, located in Warsaw, Poland, founded in 1993, is a private institution of higher education with full academic rights. Kozminski University is classified in the prestigious educational rankings provided by the ‘Financial Times’ – Business School rankings, which include the best universities from around the world. Kozminski University holds three international accreditations: EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB.The University holds the rights to award doctoral degrees in three disciplines: management, economics and law. Morover, it has the power to authorize a higher Ph.D. degree (habilitation degree) in the discipline of management and economics.
Professor Anna Olejniczuk-Mertaprofesor
Kozminski University, located in Warsaw, Poland, founded in 1993, is a private institution of higher education with full academic rights.
Kozminski University is classified in the prestigious educational rankings provided by the ‘Financial Times’ – Business School rankings, which include the best universities from around the world. Kozminski University holds three international accreditations: EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB.
The University holds the rights to award doctoral degrees in three disciplines: management, economics and law. Morover, it has the power to authorize a higher Ph.D. degree (habilitation degree) in the discipline of management and economics.
Dr Grzegorz Mazurekdr
Life Supporting Technologies
Likya Teknoloji is a Software Development and IT Consultancy company based in Istanbul, Turkey. Likya Teknoloji specialized in IT workload automation and data mining. IT Automation services include solutions and consultancy for automating IT tasks and processes in various IT environments. Likya Teknoloji develops and sells an IT Job Scheduling and Workload Automation software called Tlos. Data Mining services include handlinga and processing of big data in complex business environments, business intelligence and business analytics, reporting, and design and development of data warehouses and ETL systems. R&D activities include enterprise level software design and development utilizing Java, XML, Web 2.0 and database technologies.
Liverpool Logistics Offshore and Marine Research Institute (LOOM)
The LOOM Research Institute within Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) has 12 academic staff and 25 researchers. LOOM has developed a strong reputation for its safety, security, simulation and optimisation research of maritime system design and operation.
LOOM has completed a number of research projects supported by the UK research councils (eg. EPSRC), HSE, EU and industry. It is equipped with the UK’s only 360 degree ship simulator and a wide range of risk modelling and decision making software. For the last ten years, the Institute has received the funding of multi-million pounds to conduct its high-level research and consequently, over 100 technical papers in relevant areas have been produced. The research applications have also been facilitated by the collaboration between LOOM and many industrial and regulatory organisations including Shell and UK HSE. The institute is the coordinator of one EU Marie Curie project, the workpackage leaders of two ongoing EU projects, and grant holders of many other UK research council projects.
We are interested in collaborations with research partners in the following areas: (a) security in logistics and supply chains; (b) anti-piracy; (c) optimisation and simulation for restoring security and safety in case of crisis; (d) using virtual reality/gaming/3D simulation technologies for the development of decision support tools for Health services and (e) Improving security systems integration, interconnectivity and interoperability.
LOOM can contribute to the following:
· First main topic: Topic SEC-2013.2.4-1 Phase II demonstration programme on logistics and supply chain security.
· Second main topic: Topic SEC-2013.2.4-2 Non-military protection measures for merchant shipping against piracy – Capability Project or Coordination and Support Action (Coordinating Action).
· Third main topic: SEC-2013.4.1-3 Development of simulation models and tools for optimising the pre-deployment and deployment of resources and the supply chain in external emergency situations
· Fourth main topic: SEC-2013.4.1-4 2013.4.1-4 - Development of decision support tools for improving preparedness and response of Health Services involved in emergency situations.
· Workpackage leader/partner. We can write up a WP if assigned by the consortium leader. We can also contribute to project management.
· Contact point to UK maritime sector. Can also introduce partners (industry or academia) from UK and the Far East to the consortium should it be needed.
· Can also get access to a database of emergency situations occurred in non-EU regions, based on marine accidents reported by the IMO and Lloyds Registry, etc
LNL Technology is a high tech SME based in Ankara Turkey. LNL's main ine of business is in Smart Spaces and Machine To Machine communication. We develop technology for smart sensors, smart actuators, mobile computing and machine to machine interaction. Our main products which are commercially available are smart sensors, actuators and gateways for environmental, agricultural monitoring, smart building, smart cities, energy applications and security.
LNL is actively committed to multi-party and multinational research projects and have completed several research projects resylts of which have been or are being commercialized. Currently, LNL is partner of 2 FP7 and 2 ITEA2/UEREKA projects.
We are mainly interested in cooperating for FP7 projects under security we can contribute in sensing, sensor data fusion, social sensors, smart infrastructures, smart grids, future internet, M2M networks and trust in M2M networks.
Mr Faysal BasciDir. Of Product Development
French and English very good and fluent
EILTS degree 8.00.
TOEFL IBT 120
- M.D. 1988
- Medical practitioner in Sarıyer Community Medical center 1988-1989
- Degree medical specialization (Family Medicine). (Resident) MoH Haydarpaşa Numune Training and Research Hospital. 1990- 1994.
- Family Physician and teacher of the family planning department in MoH Zeynep Kamil Training and Research Hospital. 1994-1997
- Family Physician and Family Practice Residency Program Vice-Coordinator of MoH Haydarpaşa Numune Training and Research Hospital.
- Assistant Professor Dr. (Family Medicine) Marmara University Health Education faculty 1999-2007
- Associate Professor Dr. (Family Medicine) Marmara University Faculty of Health Sciences 2007-current
- Bachelor degree from Anadolu University Faculty of Economics. 2007.
- Master Degree: Marmara University, Health Administration Msc 2002-2005
Doctoral degree: Marmara University, Hospital Administration Phd.2006-2010.
Career Goals and Professional Interests
Quantitative Methods in Health Care Management, Cost Utility And Minimization Calculation in Chronic Diseases. Health Economics, Qaly And Cost Benefit Calculation in Health Care Delivery, Biostatistics, Hospital Management, Health And Primary Care Administration. Primary Care Health Mangement, Health Economy, Population Health Problems In Turkey And Biostatistic Analyses. Measure Of Quality Outcomes, Identification Of Cost Effeciencies, Health System Regulation, Planning Preventive Measures In Primary Care, Payment And Innovation And Organisational Change In Family Practice, Economic And Social Determinants Of Health And Quality Of Life, Productivity In Health