ISTANBUL-STUTTGART ECONOMY, SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY CENTER
ISTANBUL-STUTTGART ECONOMY, SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY CENTER is founded in 2012.
Its members are public institutions such municipalities, acedemic insitutions as well as technology driven SMEs.
The Center aims to realize technology transfer in sectors such automotive, electric/electronics, green energy, construction and informatics within smart city concept.
We look for consortiums aiming to apply for EU FP7 and for the prospective new horizons program with related projects to be implemented in smart cities.
Mr GUVEN ELDELEKTechnology transfer expert
ITI - INSTITUTO TECNOLÓGICO DE INFORMÁTICA
ITI is a Reference Technological Centre specialized in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Research, Development and Innovation, offering to the computer industry the possibility of adding new technologies and capabilities developed in R&D&I projects to their products, processes or businesses. It was established in 1994 by a joint initiative of the Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV), the Institute of Small and Medium Enterprises of Valencia (IMPIVA), and a group of companies in the information technology sector. It has a team of 150 technologists, with extensive experience in the area of interoperability, real time and complex systems, embedded systems, quality and security and reference platforms and has participated in many national and international research projects in this field, in collaboration with companies and institutions.
As a reference technology centre is part of the main structures at regional and national levels in Spain related to the generation and transference of technologies, highlighting in this sense its belonging to the Valencian Network of Technological Institutes (REDIT), composed by 14 sectors, with more than 7000 associated companies. ITI has direct links with all these sectors (Metal-mechanics, Ceramics, Plastics, Optics, Energy, Textile, ...).
Moreover, ITI is also member of national and European structures and associations related to the definition of research strategies or initiatives in different domains. Among these associations and structures can be highlighted the following: INTERVAL (http://interval.interop-vlab.es), INTERPOP-VLab (http://www.interop-vlab.eu/). INES (http://www.ines.org.es/), NESSI (http://www.nessi-europe.com/), es.Internet (http://www.esinternet.imasdtic.es/), Prometeo (http://www.prometeo-office.org/) and ARTEMIS (http://www.artemis-ju.eu/) or Net!Works (http://www.networks-etp.eu/).
ITI is preparing a proposal in Objective ICT-2013.6.4 Optimising Energy Systems in Smart Cities and wants to close the consortium with a new partner acting as an ESCO.
In addition, ITI will launch a proposal in Objective ICT-2013.1.2 Software Engineering, Services and Cloud Computing and is looking for partners.
Finally, we are working on a proposal in Objective ICT-2013.6.6 Integrated personal mobility for smart cities and we are looking for mobility managers in cities and Human Machine Interface experts.
Izmir University (IZU) was established by Doğanata Education and Culture Foundation in 2007 as the third foundation university in Izmir. IZU currently offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the following academic units:
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
- English Language Teaching
- Mathematics and Computer Sciences
FACULTY OF LAW
FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND ADMINISTRATIVE SCIENCES (Medium of instruction is English)
- Business Administration
- International Relations
- International Trade and Finance
- Political Science and Public Administration
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING (Medium of instruction is English)
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Software Engineering
FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE (Medium of instruction is English)
- Interior Architecture and Environmental Design
FACULTY OF MEDICINE
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND SCIENCE
- Computer Engineering (MSc, PhD)
- Mathematics and Computer Sciences
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Law and Economics
- Business Administration (MBA)
Internationalization is part of IZU’s founding strategy and great importance is attached to the promotion of the Erasmus Program, implementation of Bologna Process and enhancement of European Education and Research Areas. The International Relations Office (IRO) has been established in 2009 to coordinate internalization efforts. IZU received its Erasmus Charter in 2010. Since then, our international network and partnerships have grown quite rapidly reaching 33 cooperation protocols with agreements for student/staff mobility.
Professor Emrah Orhun
KCC is a UK based Engineering Research and Development Consultancy, providing services in the following areas :
- Robotics: Within the Robotics Industry, KCC is involved in automating robotic movement through development of interactive decision-based computer systems and subsystems
- NDT: Within the NDT field, KCC is involved in the development of man-machine interfaces, defect visualisation systems, systems integration and software used for field testing of pipes and tanks. KCC also provide customised software solutions for NDT hardware companies for integrating sensors and systems to other mechanical scanners
- Public Health Sector: Within the NHS field, KCC have provided many services and developed several systems for a variety of PCTs
- SafeHands: A Case Management System for synchronisation between central management systems and Healthcare Professional mobile unitsEuropean Commission funded projects